Barcelona Premium Small Group Tours
Wine & Cava with Tapas & 4WD Vineyards Experience
- Explore two traditional wineries in a Penedés Region
- Visit a 2000 year old local cava and wine family-run winery in Penedes Region
- Wine and cava tour, tasting 4 wines and 4 cavas paired with a wide variety of bytes & tapas
- Exclusive 4x4 ride along the vineyards with the local viticulturist
- Transport from/to Barcelona in a comfortable luxury Bus
- Premium Small Group for a personalized experience
- Be welcomed by the owner of the winery
109.99 € per person
Duration: 6hBook online now
Wine and gastronomy are part of Catalonia’s popular wisdom. Through this tour, delve into the Penedès region to learn all about the fascinating world of wine. Covering a long strip of land between the sea and the mountains, the influence of the sun and the Mediterranean Sea make the Penedès a privileged territory for winemaking.
Enjoy an exclusive day out to a two local wineries in Penedes Region and taste 4 excellent wines and 4 glasses of cava paired with a selection of bytes & tapas. Drive through 2700 years old vineyard landscape accompanied by a local viticulturist in the vineyards to learn everything there is about wine-making! 4WD adventure around the vineyards included. And a sommelier into the cellars.
Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.
Wine and cava tour
We will travel on a luxury private bus to visit 2 hand-picked selected wineries. Our first stop is a family-run boutique winery which has been cultivating vines for more than two thousand years. Upon arrival, you will be welcomed by an expert guide who will tell you about the history of this millenary winery and guide you into the wine cellar. In this remarkable space, learn fascinating facts about grape varieties, vine growing, wine making or the optimal conditions for its storage.
It is now time to savor 4 charming wines in a stylish tasting room, accompanied by an assortment of gourmet delicatessen, to underline the extraordinary nuances of the wine. Next, we will visit the traditional manor house (current residence of the owner family) and the vineyards to discover the art and secrets of winemaking!
To add a glamorous touch to the experience, continue the visit through the vineyards on board of a convertible 4×4 car (approx. 40 min.) accompanied by your guide and a viticulturist, a true passionate expert! A unique and exclusive way to visit a stunning rural landscape with endless vineyards. Along the way, admire a Romanesque church settle among the vineyards and belonging to the manor.
The second cellar visited is an equally historical winery specialized in cava, a naturally sparkling wine with an unmistakable flavor deeply rooted in Catalonia. An ancestral estate built over an old farmhouse but hosting cutting-edge design facilities.
An exclusive opportunity to enter the Capella, the heart of the cellar, being this is the oldest part of the winery. An enchanting candle-lighted ancient room where time stands still. After visiting the vineyard and cellar, taste 4 unique cavas.
These are also paired by a selection of appetizers to enhance the experience.
Raise your glass for a toast to a great wine experience!
2016 Sauvignon blanc, 2014 Syrah & Cabernet Sauvignon, 2015 Chardonnay & Xarel·lo, 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon
GRAN RESERVA 2014 Xarel·lo, Macabeu & Parellada, VINTAGE GRAN RESERVA 2012 Xarel·lo & Chardonnay, CUVÉE GRAN RESERVA 2014 Xarel·lo & Chardonnay, VINTAGE ROSÉ GRAN RESERVA 2013 Pinot Noir
Bytes and Tapas:
Green Picked Olives, Toasted Bread with Tomato (catalan Bread), Local selection of nuts, Goat cheese Pearls, Cured sheep cheese with quince jelly, Chips, “Fuet” with toasted bread (catalan Bread), Iberic Ham on toasted bread, Cured sheep cheese, Catanias (chocolates)
Raise your glass for a toast to a great wine experience!
8:45am – Meet your driver at Passatge de la concepció, 7
09:00am – Starting the experience at Paseo de Gracia
Go through Barcelona and see the great modernist buildings around the city
Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding cities and towns.
We will drive you through the Countryside where you can enjoy the views
We will get into the Penedes area, all full of vineyards!
10:00am – We will arrive to Pere Ventura, the winery for the Cava.
Visit with a specialist the cellars where they make the Cava
Learn about the process to make cava
Learn how they where doing it centuries ago and how they are making it nowadays.
Finish the visit tasting four of their best Cavas
12:00pm – Transfer with your driver to Can Bas
12:10pm – Visit Can Bas
Go around the vineyards with a JEEP to learn about them and the grapes
Learn about the history of the Family Ventura
Visit the cellars where they make the wine
Learn about the process of making wine
Finish the visit tasting four different wines
02:00pm – Meet your driver again to go back to Barcelona
03:00pm – End of the experience at the starting point
- Please, be at the check in point 15 minutes before departure time
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather
- Let us know at the time of booking if any dietary restrictions or allergies
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
- Visit a local cava and wine family-run winery since 2000
- Wine and cava tour, tasting 4 wines and 4 cavas paired with gourmet bites.
- Exclusive 4x4 ride along the vineyards with the local viticulturist.
- Transport from/to Barcelona in a comfy luxury Mercedes SUV.
- Tips (optional)
- Food or beverages, unless specified in description
- Hotel pick up
- Available: Daily
- Duration: 6h
- Departure: 09:00am / 1pm on Saturday & Sunday
- Languages: English & Spanish
Share your happy moments with us #WExperience