Barcelona Premium Small Group Tours
Montserrat Monastery Visit & Local tasting from Barcelona
- A 4.5 hours guided visit of Montserrat
- Private Transport and bilingual specialized mountain guide
- Be amazed by the Montserrat Abbey
- Taste typical catalan sweets and pastries: coca de Montserrat, garrapiñadas (caramelized nuts) and liquors made by the monks of the monastery
- Premium Small Group for a personalized experience
56.99 € per person
Duration: 6hBook online now
Experience Barcelona’s holy mountain, Montserrat, on a half day tour. Learn about the cornerstone of the Catalan culture, history, nature and spirituality. Enjoy an exclusive guided tour in the basilica—home to the revered ‘Black Madonna’ statue—and the atrium, cloister and main square. Delight yourself tasting typical catalan pastries and liquors made by the monks in the monastery.
Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.
Montserrat Monastery visit & local tasting
The experience starts in the upper part of Passeig de Gràcia, before journeying to experience the natural splendor of Montserrat, Catalonia’s most emblematic mountain. Topped by a Benedictine Monastery, Montserrat is an ideal half-day trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometers away from Barcelona. On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed with unique needle-shape formations.
Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 70 monks. It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta (visit not guaranteed) , who is the patron saint of Catalonia. Your guide will bring history alive by explaining the history of this Monastery dating nearly a thousand years, considered now the cornerstone of the Catalan culture, history, nature and spirituality.
Finish this amazing guided visit tasting some of the most typical sweets and catalan pastries: garrapiñadas (caramelized nuts) and liquors made by the monks of the monastery.
You will also have some free time before returning back to barcelona.
09:45h – Welcome with our We specialist guide at Passatge de la concepció, 7
10:00h – Starting the experience at Paseo de Gracia by bus
Go through Barcelona learning the stories about the buildings and the Eixample
We will drive you through Diagonal avenue, the largest in Barcelona
See the Royal Palace of Pedralbes and the Campus from the UB, the first public university in the city.
Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding cities and towns.
You will be able to see the Sportive City of FC Barcelona and its headquarters
We will drive you through the Countryside and you will start to see the great mountain of Montserrat
11:15h – Arrive to Montserrat
Start de cultural visit to the Monastery
Learn about the history of the monastery
Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria de Montserrat
Learn about the Monks lifestyle
13:30h – Tasting from the local the farmers market
Finish your tour with free time
Check the souvenirs stores
14:25h -Meet your guide again to go back to the bus
Way back to Barcelona
16:00h – End of the experience at the starting point.
- Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather.
- The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue.
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund.
- There is a minimum number of people required to operate on languages that are not English or Spanish. If this minimum is not reached, the tour will be offered in English.
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances.
- Guided visit of the Montserrat Monastery.
- Multilingual Professional guide.
- Tasting of typical catalan sweets, pastries and liquors: coca de Montserrat, garrapiñadas (caramelized nuts) and liquors
- Premium Small Group maximum capacity 18 people..
- Tips (optional).
- Food or beverages unless specified.
- Hotel pick up.
- Available: Up to 31.12.23
- Duration: 6 hour aprox.
- Departure: 10:00 am Check in time 09:45 am
- Languages: Spanish, English
- Cancellation: 24 hours free of charge. Less than 24 hours or No Show 100%.
- Meeting Point: Passatge de la Concepció, 7, 08008 Barcelona
- Child Policy: Child price 46,99€ (4-8 years)
Share your happy moments with us #WExperience