Barcelona Premium Small Group Tours
Montserrat Monastery & Hiking Experience from Barcelona
- A 5h30-hour guided visit to Montserrat
- Soft trekking in the Natural Park of Montserrat with the best scenic views
- Private Transport and bilingual specialized mountain guide
- Be amazed by the Montserrat Abbey
- Admire the great views from the Sant Joan railway
- Taste the typical Catalan typical Catalan pastry, “coca de Montserrat”.
- Premium Small Group for a personalized experience
64.99 € per person
Duration: 6hBook online now
Experience Montserrat, Barcelona’s holy mountain, on a half or full-day tour. Embark on a captivating journey as you take a soft hiking with the best specialized guide in Montserrat Natural Park. Board the Montserrat Railway to observe the area’s fascinating flora and fauna, and enjoy the typical Catalan pastry, “coca de Montserrat.” Have fun and feel unique on a Premium Small Group Tour and an unforgettable hiking adventure.
Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group Tour.
Montserrat Visit and natural Park Hiking
The experience starts in the upper part of Passeig de Gràcia, before journeying to experience the natural splendor of Montserrat, Catalonia’s most emblematic mountain. Topped by a Benedictine Monastery, Montserrat is an ideal half-day trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometers away from Barcelona.
On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed with unique needle-shape formations.
Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 70 monks. It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta (visit not guaranteed) , who is the patron saint of Catalonia. Your guide will bring history alive by explaining the history and ventures of this Monastery dating nearly a thousand years.
Board the Sant Joan Railway to observe the area’s fascinating flora and fauna. The tour will continue a soft hike replete with verdant beauty while you admire a scenic landscape in Montserrat Natural Park. Finish this amazing guided visit tasting a Catalan pastry.
You will have free time, visit the farmers market. Also, visit the cafeteria and check the souvenirs stores. Meet your guide again to go back to the bus way back to Barcelona
09:45h – Welcome with our We specialist guide
10:00h – Starting the experience at Paseo de Gracia by bus
Go through Barcelona learning the stories about the buildings and the Eixample
We will drive you through Diagonal avenue, the largest in Barcelona
See the Royal Palace of Pedralbes and the Campus from the UB, the first public university in the city
Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding cities and towns.
You will be able to see the Sportive City of FC Barcelona and its headquarters
We will drive you through the Countryside and you will start to see the great mountain of Montserrat
Get into the Natural Park of Montserrat
See the great views while your are going up to the mountain
11:15h – We will arrive to Montserrat and start de cultural visit to the Monastery
Learn about the history of the monastery
Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria de Montserrat
Learn about the Monks lifestyle
Enjoy the views from the Monastery
12:15h – Take Sant Joan’s Funicular.
Start the hike from the top of Sant Joan’s Funicular (On high occupancy days, the Rack Railway will be
used instead of the Aerial Cable Car)
Learn how the mountain was made
Walk most of the time downhill and enjoy the views
Learn about the surroundings of the mountain and the wild life
13:30h – Finish your hiking and start your free time after the tasting
Visit the farmers market
Visit the cafeteria
Check the souvenirs stores
14:25h – Meet your guide again to go back to the bus. Way back to Barcelona
16:00h – End of the experience at the starting point.
- Please, be at the check in point 15 minutes before departure time
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather
- Monastery entrance ticket included
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund
- There is a minimum of people required to operate on languages that are not English or Spanish. if this minimum is not reached, the tour will be offered in English
- If you want to secure your visit to La Moreneta, you can book here for 12am https://reserves.abadiamontserrat.cat/es/560-reservas/3085-imagen-de-la-virgen-de-montserrat
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
- On high occupancy days, the Rack Railway will be used instead of the Aerial Cable Car
- One hour of hiking in the Natural Park
- Tickets for Sant Joan’s railway
- Guided visit of the Magic Mountain & the Abbey of Montserrat
- Multilingual Professional Mountain guide
- Private Transfer with A/C
- Tasting of the typical Catalan pastry, “coca de Montserrat”
- Premium Small Group maximum capacity 18 people
- Tips (optional)
- Food or beverages
- Hotel pick up or transfer
- Available: Daily
- Duration: 6 hours
- Departure: 10:00 am checking time 09:45 am
- Languages: English, Spanish, French & German
- Child Policy: Price Child (4-8 years) 54,99€
Share your happy moments with us #WExperience