Barcelona Premium Small Group Tours
Montserrat Monastery Visit and Lunch at Farmhouse from Barcelona
- A 8-hour guided visit of Montserrat. An expert guide to ensure top quality service and the best destination knowledge
- Private Transport and bilingual specialized mountain guide
- The splendour Visit of the Montserrat Abbey
- Transfer by bus to Farmhouse
- Lunch at the family run Farmhouse, under the Montserrat mountain
89.99 € per person
Duration: 8hBook online now
Enjoy a memorable day out in Montserrat and escape the hustle and bustle of Barcelona, you can appreciate a complete experience where you will visit the Monastery of Montserrat and have a 3 course menu with a breathtaking views while living a unique experience. Take home exclusive memories in this amazing day in the countryside!
The experience starts in the upper part of Passeig de Gràcia, before journeying to experience the natural splendor of Montserrat, Catalonia’s most emblematic mountain, topped by a Benedictine Monastery. Montserrat is an ideal trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometers away from Barcelona.
Visit and lunch in Montserrat
On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed of unique needle-shape formations. Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 70 monks. It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta (visit not guaranteed), who is the patron saint of Catalonia. Your guide will bring history alive by explaining the history and ventures of this Monastery dating nearly a thousand years.
A bus will take you to Farmhouse where you will have lunch from farm to table based in a delicious 3-course menu; first course salad, second course combination of barbecue (vegetarian and halal option) and dessert with stunning views.In August the restaurant will not be the usual, but you will be able to appreciate the views of Montserrat.
Once this massif is observed from a distance, it is easier to understand the importance of this mountain when it comes to influencing the traditions and culture of the regions that surround it.
The plans and terraces of the Farmhouse have been cultivated for hundreds of years. At present there are 2,700 trees of the varieties of the area, which are the Palomar and the Vera. After this full day of adventures you will return to the center of Barcelona by private transport.
09:45am – Welcome with our We specialist guide at Pasatge de la concepció, 7
10:00am – Starting the experience at Paseo de Gracia
Go through Barcelona learning the stories about the buildings and the Eixample.
We will drive you throught Diagonal avenue, the largest in Barcelona
See the Royal Palace of Pedralbes and the Campus from the UB, the first public university in the city
Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding cities and towns.
You will be able to see the Sportive City of FC Barcelona and its headquarters
Get into the Natural Park of Montserrat
11:00am – Take the cable car to go up the Mountain
12:00am – Learn about the history of the monastery
Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria de Montserrat
Learn about the Monks life style
Enjoy the views from the Monastery
01:00pm – Enjoy the free time
Visit the farmers market
Visit the cafeteria
Check the souvenirs stores
02:25pm – Meet your guide again
02:30pm – Going to the Farm House restaurant
03:00pm – Get at the restaurant and enjoy the meal!
Visit the botanic gardens they have around
05:00pm – Take the bus to go back to Barcelona
06:00pm – End of the experience at the starting point.
- Please, be at the check in point 15 minutes before departure time.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes.
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather.
- The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue
- If you want to secure La Moreneta visit; you can book for 12 am here: https://reserves.abadiamontserrat.cat/es/560-reservas/3085-imagen-de-la-virgen-de-montserrat
- Let us know at the time of booking if any dietary restrictions or allergies
- Lunch will be done in Spanish time slot (03:00pm - 05:00pm approx).
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
- Private Transport
- Bilingual Guide
- Visit of the Montserrat Abbey
- Lunch at Farmhouse from farm to table: 2 course menu + dessert. Drinks included
- Aerial Cable Car (On high occupancy days, the Rack Railway will be used instead of the Aerial Cable Car)
- Free time
- Tips (optional)
- Food or beverages unless specified
- Hotel pick up or transfer
- Available: Daily
- Duration: 8h
- Departure: 10:00am check in time 09:45am
- Languages: English, Spanish & Chinese
- Child Policy: Child price 79,99€ (4-8 years)
Share your happy moments with us #WExperience